Wednesday, March 5, 2008

True Joys of Motherhood


Today as I was putting Hayden down for his nap I experienced one of the true joys of motherhood. Those of you who have kids will know what I'm talking about. Every now and then something happens and you connect with your child in such a way that it stands out. It becomes a memory that you will always carry with you; a connection that etches your heart.




So, as I was changing his diaper and he was on the changing table he puckered his lips to give me a kiss. It's a silly pucker. He sticks his bottom lip out and looks up at you as if to say "kiss me!". So, I welcome this because he seems to be rather giving with the kisses with everyone except me. So, if he's offering a kiss than I'm sure going to take it. So, we play kissie until he's all changed and dressed then I pick him up and he rests his curly head on my shoulder. I rubbed his back for a second and he looked up at me... gave me a kiss, then rested his forehead on my forehead and patted my cheek. All the time he wore an adorable smile on his face.

It was a brilliant moment I will never forget. It felt like he was saying "I love you, Mommy".

So, I gave him a hug and into the crib he went. When he wakes up he probably wont remember that moment. But it's ok. I'll carry it for the both of us forever and ever.

No comments: