Monday, March 10, 2008

Hayden's First Haircut

Well, I finally couldn't deny it any more. Hayden needed a haircut. His hair is special to me because it's just like mine except it's a beautiful blonde. I have been so in love with his hair I was reluctant to get it cut. However, I didn't want to follow in Kate Hudson's footsteps and have my boy looking like a "girlie boy" so I caved.
We decided Michael would go first so Hayden would have a clue about what was about to happen to him. He sat in his stroller and watched his big brother get his hair cut like a champion. Michael has always been pretty cooperative when it has come to grooming. Hayden on the other hand proved to be rather squirley and would not let the lady cut his hair. I don't know how we didn't loose an ear that day because cutting his hair was like landing a 747 on an aircraft carrier. But, in the end his hair was trimmed perfectly and looks great! I'm so happy with the way it turned out. It's still a tumble of curls but now it's just under control.
It's funny, I HATED my hair growing up. It wasn't easy having a frizzy fro especially when the Charlies Angles "wings" were so popular... I didn't truly know how to work with my hair or the power of product until I was in my 20's. I always hoped my kids would not get cursed with my hair but now that I see Hayden's I am so protective over it and so proud of it. Everyone comments on it when we go out. I no longer see it as a "gene gone bad" but now see it for what it is... beautiful.

1 comment:

Biker Grandpa said...

Curls Rock! My main squeeze (Grandma Jacquie) has locks. But they look prescious on Hayden.

Hope our July trip comes to fruition.