Saturday, March 1, 2008

Michael's new Best Friend


Since Hayden turned a year old his nap schedule changed and so we spend a lot more time at home these days. When Hayden was younger he could nap just about anywhere in his carrier... we'll now he takes one long nap in the afternoon and needs the crib so our social life has changed dramatically.

So, in the afternoons we've been coming home after Michael gets out of school and he has been left to his own devices to find things to do to entertain himself. I could tell he was getting bored and was asking for friends to come and play. So, last weekend he caught up with the boy across the street. His name is Jayden. He is 7. A bit older than Michael but they seem to be on the same wavelength. They play great together! I have yet to see either one of them get angry at the other, which at this age is a common occurrence.

It's so great to see Michael having a good time with a friend. And being that Jayden lives across the street it's convenient to play with each other. They go back and forth between Jayden's house and our house... they love to ride their scooters in the back yard and since they both have play rooms, there are a lot of toys to choose from.

I remember being Michael's age and having friends in the neighborhood. Some of those friends are still friends of mine today. I remember waking up in the morning and begging to go outside... I think I woke up dressed and ready to go! Today Michael was begging from the get go to go see if Jayden could play. Ironically, Jayden's Grandpa (who he lives with) said Jayden was begging to come at 7 AM!

I know times are changing with Michael... I'm expecting the phone to ring anytime now with a girl on the line wanting to talk to my son... they grow so fast!

No comments: