Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Springtime

One thing I do love about living in Oregon is the change of seasons. Although, I could do with a lot less of the rainy season. Well, change is in the air around here and it's so refreshing. Flowers are blooming, leaves are budding, and tress are beginning to blossom. It's also been raining a lot less and so the boys are able to once again enjoy the back yard and play outside.

This change of season also for some reason gets everyone in the mood to get busy and get stuff done. I always think of a Bonanza episode where Haas gets "Spring Fever" and kind of goes crazy... well that's how it feels. I've been cleaning the house and organizing thing's that have been neglected for a while... Mike has been busy in the yard clearing out the flower beds and getting rid of all of the damage winter has caused.


Hayden, now old enough to explore the back yard is in awe of all the cool stuff there is to do and see. He toddles around and picks up every rock and goes into every nook and cranny. His favorite game is "_____ the baby" which Michael and his friends love to play too... (just fill in the blank with what ever you choose and that's the game).

The birds and the squirrels are going crazy for the food we put out. Pretty soon I'm sure we'll see little baby squirrels . I saw a humming bird the other day right outside our kitchen window.

Anyway, I can't wait for it to warm up just a bit more so we can really enjoy spending more time out doors. But, right now the air is electric and the mood is in full swing. Portland is getting ready for spring and summer and I'm happy about that.

1 comment:

Shirley G said...

Gina, I saw your daffodil. It's beautiful. I love daffodils!
Yo' Grandma