Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Houston We Have an Aquasaur!

After months of trying we finally have hatching! I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to see the speck of a thing swimming about it the Aquasaur bowl. The first batch I tried on Christmas produced zero prehistoric swimmers so I wrote to the manufacturer and they sent me a new batch of eggs to try. I decided to wait until the weather warmed up a bit to try again. So, Sunday I decided to give it a go once again. Yesterday I was slightly, but not surprisingly disappointed when there was still nothing to speak of swimming around. Today I decided to put the lamp over the bowl again to see if that would help...

Voila! Two hours later we have two swimmers. At this point they are about the size of Horton's Who's but who cares! As far as I'm concerned I have succeeded in breeding these three-eyed freaks of nature.

Stay tuned to see how they grow!

No comments: