Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Dieting Duo

Well, it's winter and with winter comes weight gain. It rains constanly here so our time out doors walking is limited... infact we haven't been on a walk in a couple of months. So, I felt like I was gaining a few pounds and decided to loose them before spring arrives. You know, back in the day I remember thinking to myself "I wish I had tried to loose weight back when I only needed to loose 20 lbs."... Well, I'm at that point now. I lost all the weight I gained when I had Hayden rather quickly and kept if off for a long time but in the last couple of months I've added about 8 lbs to that number. Also, I never got down to the goal weight I had originally set for myself so I figure now is a good time to do it.

So, I've started weight watchers. I've also joined the local gym. I'm very proud of my motivation and am really confidant this will work for me. My original goal is to loose 20 lbs but my ultimate goal is to loose about 25-30.

Also, Mike went on a diet himself last year in May after a terrible kite flying accident. He lost about 52 lbs. Well, he's gained about 20 of it back so he too has decided to get on the wagon and loose the pounds he gained back and another 10 to reach his weight goal. He has a definately different approach than I so we will see who reaches their mark first. We do have a bet however the "reward" hasn't been determined yet.

I'll keep you all up to date as my body melts away... :) The hardest thing so far is just resisting the temptation to snack so much. I am guilty of eating out of boredom and I've also been known to nibble on the kids food too. I think both of these habits have been key to my biological growth. So, those bad habits are out the door!

Anyway, wish us luck!

No comments: