Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hayden The Climber


Well, he's gone and done it. In one day Hayden managed to figure out how to climb out of both the playpen and the crib! The first incident was the playpen. Whenever I take a shower I put Hayden into his playpen and let him watch some cartoons. Usually he is quite content to sit and watch Dora The Explorer or Go, Diego, go. So, when I heard a noise in my bedroom I thought perhaps Mike had come home for lunch as he so often does. Suddenly the door opened and in walks a very proud Hayden! Later, the very same day while Hayden was napping I heard him chattering which he usually does upon waking. I listened again to make sure I heard him and suddenly I hear a big "BOOM" followed by cries. I knew instantly what had happened. I ran as fast as I could to get to him and found him sitting on the floor of his room very pissed off. No harm done during either endeavor but I will now need to remove all his beloved stuffed animals from the crib and toys from the playpen. We have deduced he has been using these items to climb upon assisting him with his escape.

We have had no other attempts as of yet so for now this is working.

Funny thing is Michael NEVER once even attempted to climb out of the crib. (He wouldn't have anything to do with the playpen however). Even after Michael turned two and got his "big boy" bed he still never even got out of bed in the AM without calling for me to come get him. It's like it never even occurred to him he could get out of bed even if he wanted to.

Well, that's a day in the life...

No comments: