Saturday, February 2, 2008

The Old Grey Mare....

So, another year has come and gone. I've made it to the big 38. Whoo-F'n-hoo...

I remember when birthday's were so exciting and full of anticipation of a piece of cake, a few presents, and a new world of possiblities because I was getting older and with each year my boundries grew.

Now birthdays are a reminder of my mortality. I find myself reading the obits in the paper just to see how old people are when they die... I find myself not wanting to do anything for my birthday but would rather let it pass as just another day. Everytime I go into a store and see the sign saying "anyone born before this day cannot buy ciggaretts" I realize I could have a child who is old enough to buy them and if I had started early I could have a kid old enough to drink alcohol.

How did it happen? How did I get here? And the biggest question of all is HOW THE HELL DO I GET BACK THERE??? I've got hair growing from my chin, I have wrinkles on my forehead, and two kids and a big weight loss have left me with indigenous anotomical features!!!

So, yeah, no... I don't want another birthday. I'm not ready to be 40 and it's almost here... but alas, I don't think it can be helped. I don't think it can be stopped... just look at those who try too hard to stop the ageing process (I'd rather not look like a plastic doll who got too close to a fireplace thank you!)

Anyway, to those of you who are younger than I... enjoy it while you can. To those of you who are older than I... well, I don't know what I was going to say cause the thought got away from me.... ironic, isn't it?


Edited.... 2/3/08

So, the actual birthday was pretty good. I worked all weekend and I can't say I didn't have fun. The couple who own my resturant bought me a BEAUTIFIL sweater from my fave store, Ann Taylor Loft. It is a beigh, zip up sweater with a fur collar and really cute cuffs and pockets. I LOVE IT! I was so surprised they got me anything... I think I'll keep this gig. My customers are also really great and so it's always nice to see them each week. It's like seeing a bunch of friends.

I also got two awesome hoodies from my Mom and Howard. Not to mention something I've been wanting for a couple of years now... The Madagascar Vanilla perfume from Florence, Italy. It can only be bought in Florence and I've been wanting it for so long. To those of you who have never had the pleasure of smelling it your self all I can say is it is the most delectable smell there could be... just like cookies.

My boys got me a beautiful plant. The big boy wanted to get me a box of See's Candy but I found out and nipped that in the butt... (could it be he is trying to sabataoge my diet??? Trying a little too hard to win the diet bet perhaps?). Anyway, it was changed to a beautiful blooming plant that will last a life time in my window instead of the lower rear end of my indigenous anatomy.

Thankfully, I'm not willing to loose this bet. I have afterall, a gift certificate to Macy's which I will happily spend once I've reached my goal. This was given to me by my Gramma and Joe who always know a girl loves to shop!

All in all it was a pretty fun day and I felt special. It's great turning 30. ;)

1 comment:

Nick Vona said...

Hey Sis...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am sorry it is late, i have no excuses anymore and I PROMISE that i will start to be a better bro and correspond on a regular basis. I promise.

I hope the B-day was fab-O and you have many more. Kiss the kids for us and tell Mike G'Day...

what is your e-mail?

check the blog for some awesome kitty pics...