Thursday, May 21, 2009

Disneyland

We took the kids to Disneyland yesterday and had a wonderful time! I have always loved Disneyland ever since I was a kid. It's gotten so expensive it's not often we get to go but lucky for us we have a connection who works there and we are lucky to be able to get in for free. Thank goodness for good friends because at $70 per person it's a huge expense to go.
I remember as a kid being picked up from school early by my parents and heading to Disneyland. We would play a fun game on the ride up which only took about half an hour. I would get so excited I could hardly sleep the night before. It always felt like Christmas Eve to me knowing the next day I'd be having the time of my life. So, that was our plan. We picked Michael up from school early and got there in the middle of the day. Michael was so excited at school all morning in anticipation. He's been several times but he was young and didn't really remember much. Hayden had only been once when he was two months old so it was a completely new experience for him, and Allie, well she wont remember but she had a blast!


Now, I like amusement parks in general... fast rides, junk food, games... the whole bit. But, NOTHING can compare to Disneyland. It really is a magical kingdom and I personally believe if you can't go to Disneyland and have a great time then you have lost all sense of imagination and I feel sad for you. Young and old can find something there to enjoy. I hope even when I'm old and can hardly walk that my grand children will take me there... they can feel free to park me on a bench in the shade so I can watch the people and enjoy the view of the boats near Pirates of the Caribbean or they can use me to their advantage and cut in line with me in the wheelchair... either way I'll always love that park.



I took Michael on Space Mountain for the first time. He was so funny. I think it kind of scared him and he looked pretty green when the ride ended. He declared he didn't want to do that again! I think I'll have to wait for Hayden to get older to ride those kind of rides with meNow that I'm grown with kids of my own I love Disneyland just as much as ever and it's actually gotten better now that I get to watch the excitement and awe on my kids faces. That in itself is worth the price of admission.

1 comment:

Shirley G said...

I feel the same way Gina. I still love Disneyland!!
Yo' Gramma