Tuesday, August 19, 2008

25 Weeks

Well the pregnancy is going along pretty well. Girl Baby (AKA Alana Owen (Allie)) is growing like a weed and kicking me from spleen to bladder! The kicking is my favorite part about being pregnant. It is a constant reminder that there is a little being in there who will change my life in a few months. It's the beginning of the "bonding" we feel as moms.

When I was pregnant with Michael I was so excited to finally have a baby so a lot of the pregnancy issues I had were pretty easily tolerated. I had so many complications during that pregnancy and I've been extremely lucky thus far with this one. Being pregnant with Hayden was a breeze and often times I didn't even feel pregnant at all... which is amazing to me knowing that boy now.

This pregnancy so far is going along with no complications. Morning sickness is a distant memory now... thank GOD. Every now and then I think back to those weeks and it still makes me cringe... I felt so sick and tired all the time and with two kids, a husband and a house to take care of the pressure was daunting. All I wanted to do was lay on the couch and sleep for weeks on end but that just wasn't possible. Definitely not fun and not something I will miss. In fact it was a reminder that I will never do this again.

Being pregnant has it's ups and downs... hormones raging, body being taken over by another being, constant constipation, bad sleep... it's all really hard to take. But, in the end I know I'll have a little treasure to hold and love. I can't wait to get to know her.

So, in about 15 weeks she'll be here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GINA!!! You look absolutely beautiful! Really. YOU have the glow. I just look like a sweaty, hot mess. I want the glow you have... I love that top, too. :) XOXO, ~Becca

Shirley G said...

Lookin' good Gina! I think you're pregnant.

Nick Vona said...

i got kicking once and it turned out to be gas...


good on ya mate!

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Gina, You look beautiful!
Baby girl is almost here :)