Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Oregon Wildlife Safari

When the boys and I drove from Oregon down to California we made a pit stop in Winston, Oregon and spent a few hours at the Oregon Wildlife Safari. We had a great time and I highly recommend stopping there to anyone who may be traveling in that area. Winston is really a nothing town in itself but the safari was filled with almost every animal you could think of. If not for the safari being there we would have driven through it and not given it another thought.


The safari was wonderful and took about two hours to see. We were able to get through it rather quickly considering it was a week day and so we were lucky to be able to take our time and view each animal favorite was the giraffes and it was really amazing to get so close to them.


I will say the part of the safari I loved the best was when we encountered an Emu... I think he was an Emu so that is what we will call him. This creature was so funny and very curious. He stuck his head in the car and seemed to really take a liking to Michael. He kept making this honking sound and the boys and I probably parked next to him for about five minutes with him poking his head in the car and honking at us. We got a lot of giggles out of him and he was the highlight of the safari for sure.

1 comment:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

I love the Emus, they are cute. At the beginning I got scared about them but not anymore. They are harmless and super friendly.