Saturday, June 7, 2008

Big Week for the Big One!

Michael had a very eventful week this past week. On Thursday he finished his first swimming session with flying colors! He got invited back to take the next course which starts in just over a week. We are really proud because not all the kids in his class passed and not all got invited back. He really loves swimming which makes me really happy... he takes after me!

He also lost his second tooth. This time instead of waiting weeks for it to fall out on it's own Michael decided he would tough it out and pull it out himself. When I picked him up from school on Friday he proudly showed me the trophy. When I asked him if it hurt he said "Yes, it hurt quite a bit." I had to laugh at his response. He said he was tired of it wiggling around in his mouth and just wanted it out. So, last night the Tooth Fairy paid him a visit once again. This time however, she had change handy so a dollar bill was left for him under his pillow.

He's growing so big so fast. I remember being pregnant with him, giving birth and holding that helpless little infant in my arms for the first time... I can't believe how quickly time goes by and how precious these moments are. Before I know it he'll be graduating from College, getting married and having babies of his own. What a joy kids are. They certainly make you see how the simple things in life are really what make the world go round.

No comments: