Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Tooth Fairy and Inflation

Well, it's official. Michael is on his way to becoming a big kid. His bottom front tooth has been loose for a couple of weeks now and with lots and lots of wiggling it finally decided to come out yesterday. When I picked him up at school he was holding a little plastic tooth which held the baby tooth inside. I was so proud I got teary eyed and gave him a big hug. I guess it's a rite of passage but to a mommy it's a sign that your baby wont be a baby forever.

Last night we put it under his pillow and the Tooth Fairy paid us a visit. Well, times have changed that's for sure. I would recommend every one who is going to go through this in the future remember to have small bills on hand. At 11:00 PM when the "Tooth Fairy" was ready to visit our house she only had a $20. Being so late she didn't want to get dressed to go make changed so that's what she left. I don't remember what I got for my first tooth but I sure know it wasn't close to $20! My Tooth Fairy must have thought ahead. He woke up this morning full of excitement and waving that bill proudly in the air saying "She brought me a dollar!"

In other news... after reading Nick's blog and seeing his beautiful new addition to his family we decided it was time. We got a PS3 a couple of weeks ago and we just knew it would be a lot better on a big new TV. So, we finally broke down and bought one. It's a 52" piece of heaven! I would have been happy with 42" but Mike wanted 58"... I thought 58" was just too much TV... I mean come on! It is just a TV after all... so we compromised. We are all pretty excited about it. Every thing looks better on it from Curious George to our new games. I guess we never have to leave the house now. We have every thing we need right here.

2 comments:

Nick Vona said...

That is a beauty... The TV i mean... Get Ratattouille on Blue Ray, it is supposed to be great...

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina, I found your Blog on Becca's blog site. How are you doing, I loved reading you website, I don't know how you have time. E-mail me when you can. jillengen@yahoo.com

Jill Engen