Thursday, June 18, 2009

The "Red Plate" Special

It's official! Michael is now a 1st Grader! He passed Kindergarten with flying colors and is well on his way to being an awesome student! I could not be more proud of Michael than I am today. Not only did Michael reach benchmark scores in his studies this year but he excelled. I am hoping this is the way his report cards will always read in the years to come.

In celebration of his promotion I made his favorite dinner, Chicken Alfredo with Bow Tie Pasta and Garlic Bread... some grapes thrown in for good measure. Not only did he get his favorite meal but he got to eat it on the "Red Plate". What is the Red Plate you ask? Well, when I was a kid my mom got this plate. I don't know exactly where she got it but it's beautiful! It's a happy shade of red with white script that says "You're special today". Each time it was our birthday or if we had done well at something we got the honor of eating on the "red plate" for dinner. A few years ago my mom passed it down to me so I can share that memory with my own children. So, today was Michael's special day... it was a "Red Plate Day".

And now it's summer so I'm looking forward to lots of fun days in the sun with my kiddos. It already feels different... we can take our time with dinner and putting the kids to bed a little later. If things go my way we'll have a lot to blog about in the coming months so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Nick and Mariana Vona said...

Congratulations Michael!!
You are a big boy now :)