Friday, December 12, 2008

Turning the Corner

Well, you all know by now Hayden is my busiest child these days. It seems that once he learned how to walk he just took the bull by the horns and decided to live life to the fullest. I've had good days and bad days with this little guy. He's taken me for a ride this last year with the climbing, the poop, and the rest.

Now, I love this boy. He's a nut. Hayden is so funny and sweet it's hard to imagine him in any sort of trouble. He is the type of child you cannot leave alone for a moment. If you do you must be prepared to clean up what ever mess he will find to make... it could be poop in a crib, Black Permanent Marker on the carpet, or Pam Cooking Spray on the kitchen floor perhaps?

Anyway, the last few days I've noticed a change with Hayden. He's been talking a lot and I'm understanding a lot more than normal. Today, he has just been extra sweet... yes, sweet. He's been playing quietly with his toys and it's just the cutest thing I've seen today. He went upstairs and I could hear him in the playroom so I knew things were safe for the time being. Then it got quiet so I tiptoed upstairs just to check... there he was, sitting on the playroom floor with a toy in front of him and eye's locked into Yo Gabba Gabba...

A few minutes later he came downstairs to show me his toys... he found "Puppy"... doggie on a leash and a red race car. Anyway, I just noticed the last few days I've thought to myself how good he's been... maybe we are beginning to grow out of the stage that has kept me so busy the last year or so. I caught the moments on my camera and decided to share this sweet moment with my friends and family.

1 comment:

Shirley G said...

Pretty baby sugar, you did a good job. Hooray for the little tornado, Hayden. Perhaps he has seen the error of his ways now that he is going on 3.